Video about our Center
Center is a non-profit, non-governmental organization established in 2007 to improve non-proliferation and export control systems in Central Asia.
Center for non-proliferation and export control (hereinafter – the Center) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization established to improve the system of export control and non-State actors in promoting implementation of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic on «export control», the Treaty on Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, the Convention on Prohibition of Development, Production and Stockpiling of Chemical Weapons, the Convention on Prohibition of Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on their Destruction, and other normative legal acts in this field.
The main objectives are to contribute the formation of the Kyrgyz Republic community of experts and professionals in the field of export control, nonproliferation of weapons of mass destruction, organization and holding of expert and advisory work, organization of events (conferences, seminars, meetings), including international ones, on non-proliferation issues provision of information, training and consulting assistance to public officials involved in export control, as well as enterprises exporting goods, services, technologies and scientific and technical information, to draw public attention, both domestic and foreign organizations to the problems of export control and arms.
– Promotion of the Kyrgyz Republic community of experts and professionals in the field of nonproliferation of weapons of mass destruction (hereinafter – non-proliferation), and arms control;
– To attract investment for research and works to strengthen non-proliferation regime;
– Organization and holding of expert and advisory services;
– Organization of events (conferences, seminars, meetings), including international ones, on non-proliferation issues;
– Organization and information studies;
– Promotion of democratic reforms in the country and promoting the development of democratic institutions and other public organizations that contribute to preventing and resolving ethnic conflicts, the strengthening of inter-ethnic harmony and tolerance in the CIS countries;
– Providing information, training and consulting assistance to public officials involved in export control, as well as enterprises exporting goods, services, technologies and scientific and technical information that can be applied in the production of weapons of mass destruction and weapons;
– To draw public attention, both domestic and foreign organizations to the problems of export control and arms;
– Make proposals on the above matters in state and international and other organizations and institutions;
– Support public and other organizations whose activities are consistent with the purposes and objectives of the Fund.
To achieve these objectives the Center carries out the following forms of activity:
– Organizing and conducting training on export controls for government officials involved in export control specialists enterprises – exporters of goods and services, dual use, in the form of symposia, seminars, scientific conferences, training courses;
– Assist in the development of its own internal program of export controls, implementation of an enterprise and establishing a database on the subject;
– Consultations on various aspects of export controls and issuing advice on the preparation and processing of documents with the passage of export controls;
– Providing consulting services in the preparation of international contracts for the supply of goods, services, and dual-use technology to meet the requirements of the national system of export controls, international monitoring regimes;
– Legal examination of contracts;
– Informing public and media on issues of nuclear safety, radiation contamination on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic;
– To attract the public to discuss and take decisions on safe and secure storage of fissile materials, radioactive pollution and public health;
– Publishing of leaflets, booklets, brochures, books, etc.;
– Providing all interested parties and public organizations with information on nuclear issues. The establishment and work of the thematic public library;
– Coordinate the work of environmental non-governmental organizations and community groups dealing with nuclear safety;
– Other activities do not contravene the laws of the Kyrgyz Republic.